James Noake is a sports and exercise medicine consultant and member of the clinicians team.
In this interview he talks about cortisone injections
- What they are
- How they work
- Who they are suitable for
- How they are performed using ultrasound guidance
- How they can be used diagnostically
- The side effects and potential harms of steroid injections
- The importance of rehabilitation
We also discuss the difficult issue of steroid injections for people with persisting pain, and why they may or may not be a good option.